Beginning Again?
I noticed the last time I made a blog entry was almost three months ago.
After the release of my book I AM TONI in April, I honestly didn't have much to say, and that's not normal for me lol.
My strategy was that I'd keep writing and writing and writing, but honestly, I didn't have it in me. And, as I previously mentioned, that part was questionable.
The way that I'm fashioned, I figured there had to be something wrong with me, or that I had made a huge mistake by even writing and releasing my book.
Come to find out, it was the complete opposite.
What I had been experiencing was actually quite normal in a writer's world.
After a huge accomplishment such as that, things can feel "off," and that was the exact feeling that I had.
I felt... off.
And full of mixed emotions.
I can't honestly say that the release of my book did or did not lead to some of the changes that followed, but they sure came.
And although I wanted change, and did my best to stay persistent and keep up the momentum I had going, in my heart of hearts, I didn't know if what I had been longing for would ever come to fruition.
But part of it did.
Along with my writing, a new career path came along.
Then my environment changed.
I thought to myself:
Could this really be happening?
Am I actually getting what I've been praying for?
As the months progressed, I rolled with the punches. Whatever I had to do to get where I felt I was going, I did just that.
During this process, there were times I found myself asking myself questions like:
What are you doing?
You know what you're getting ready to do, right?
You know there's no turning back now?
No matter how much I tried to convince myself to just stop and return to the life I knew, I kept moving forward.
And a part of me felt like it wasn't me that was leading me.
So I knew I had no choice but to proceed.
Now, I'm here.
Halfway—or maybe just somewhere in between.
And I can finally and honestly say something that I haven't said in a while. Or maybe I haven't been able to say it and truly mean it:
Toni, I'm proud of you.
Again, I can't say for certain where these changes will lead me.
I don't know what's waiting for me on the other side of all of this.
All I know is that change has come.
And I'm okay.
Actually...
I think I'm still blooming.
-ToniRay 🌱

Comments
Post a Comment